BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some random thoughts

I turned 25 two-ish weeks ago and all of my friends who turned 25 this year seemed to think it was a big deal. You know the whole "quarter of a century" thing. (yeah, big deal, the only thing special about being 25 is that it is a perfect square) In an attempt to lessen the cynicism that I look a life with, I am blogging about this monumental moment in my life.

If you have not noticed, I like list so I am going to celebrate my birthday by telling you 25 random facts about myself. I'll try to think of the most obscure things I can. If it bores you, too bad, it's my birthday and half my blog!:

1) I &hearts ice cream! Seriously and obsessively!
2) I am a Trekkie. It sad but true. For the record, Picard is a WAY better captain than Kirk.
3) I detest country music, to a point few would understand. Especially considering how much I love almost every other type of music.
4) I played the flute 10 years. I was once pretty good, I've been told it's like ridding a bike but I doubt it. I also took piano lessons for 15 years BUT Mary Had a Little Lamb is about as good as it gets. When your mommy tells you to practice you should listen.
5) When I was in high school I used to watch the Spiderman cartoon everyday. If I wasn't going to be home, I would record it. I might have been a little old for it and arguably the the wrong gender, but I LOVE SUPERHEROS! I even have some comic books.
6) I love going to the movies! I especially love midnight showings, even if I'm not that excited about the movie, it's worth it to see the freaks out in full force.
7) I went to BYU-Hawaii for all of 10 days, it was beautiful but not for me, the explanation would be too long for this blog.
8) I don't like to do trendy things, this has driven my mom crazy since I was a kid because she loves to shop for cute clothes. This is the main reason I will not read the twilight series, maybe when it is no longer the cool thing to do.
9) I only like the red skittles and the pink starburst.
10) I love to cook and bake. I have thought about starting a cooking blog but I have a hard enough time finding time for this blog.
11) I love celebrating heritage, it doesn't even have to be mine. Cultural traditions are so fun! I am quite proud of my own though, especially the Brazilian and Japanese parts.
12) I have ALL the episodes of Saved by the bell on both VHS and DVD. I recorded them myself as a kid and then bought the DVD's when they came out. It is the best show ever!
13) I do not wear white socks, if I have to wear socks there is no way they are going to be plain.
14) I have had the same hairstyle all my life. This may make me pathetic but I think it makes me awesome!
15) I like children's novels. Everything about them is just better than the adult variety.
16) I have been proposed to 3 times, I have only been engaged once though.
17) I have lived in three houses in the same city, and I have been in 4 wards in that city.
18) I have always been afraid of being a mother. Children have always frightened me to a certain extent, but now that I have Hailey I have no clue what I was so scared of. I LOVE being a mommy and I adore Hailey.
19) I do not like to wear black or white. I like to wear the brightest colors I can find. Happy colors make me feel happy.
20) I can wiggle my ears, it's pretty amazing. I used to also think it made me unique but when I met Alex I found out he can do it too.
21) I knew the night I met Alex that there was something extra special about him. My exact thoughts on meeting him where, "That is the boy I am going to marry." Followed by this thought, "Am I retarded!?! I haven't even talked to him yet! Am I becoming one of those kinds of girls?"
22) My high school nickname was Cowdog. I'm pretty sure it was the coolest nickname ever. I was also a vampire before vampires were cool, stupid twilight...
23) I still can't sleep at night if I know I am going to Disneyland the next day. I'm sure that must seem lame considering how often I get to go, but Disneyland will never lose the magic for me.
24) I hate breakfast! Morning is too early to be eating and breakfast foods are GROSS! It's been so hard to eat it since I was pregnant, when I stop nursing I will stop eating breakfast again.
25) I love numbers. I think about them all the time. I even have dreams about doing math homework. I'm also pretty good with computers. I can program fairly well in 4 languages and I also know a bit of html.

PS Some new Hailey pictures will be up in a few days!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are soooo random. And so cool! LoL You need to read Twilight though!! Not because they are cool but just because they are such great books!!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, I like the all those facts. I had no idea you had such a diverse background, I can't blame those guys for proposing to you. I agree mommy-hood seemed scary, but it's just awesome.