BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

18 Months! (or welcome to the terrible twos)


So I've always heard that the "terrible twos" are so terrible because kids want to be independent but aren't quite capable of the desired independence. If this is the case Hailey hit the terrible twos about 2 weeks ago. She wants to do everything herself and has a big enough vocabulary to make that clear. It's been alright though except for a couple of days. She is SO smart. She knows over 100 words and my doctor said 10 is good and 50 is usually the max. So I think I gets some bragging rights here. ;) She has some simple sentences down and totally knows exactly how to explain what she wants. Her dancing has become very elaborate, and so has her singing. Right now her favorite song is, "I Love to See the Temple," and when she tries to sing it she gets some of the words. She loves to sing with mommy and she even request songs. She is finally drinking milk! (YAY! after all the hard work!) She loves to go swimming at her aunt Nancy's. She loves to go places, she's our traveling girl. She is obsessed with fruit right now and with breakfast. She would eat breakfast 6 times every morning if we let her. She also loves to color and go for walks. She has started to feed herself recently and is actually really good at it. She still loves to read and that is what we spend most of our time doing. She also loves all things girly, which has been strange for me. Never thought I would have a girly girl. I tried to get some cute videos to post but she stops everything and smiles every time she see the camera. When I figure out how to hide the camera, you will get some great videos. She is SO fun!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh how fun! I love this age, but yes, the whole wanting to be independent thing gets old fast!! Good luck! I find that it's worse when Peyton is tired, so I look for her tired cues and put her to bed no matter what time it is and it seems to help a TON!