BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

666

is the exact amount of miles away Alex is right now. His Grandmother passed away this week and he is up there for the funeral. Being 35 weeks pregnant, I obviously couldn't go with him. I feel so helpless, I want to be there for him and I hate being away from him. I am not a big crier, but taking him to the airport today made me ball like a baby. In our three years of marriage we have not been away from each other for more than 24 hours, so this is really hard on both of us. Right now I am grateful for cell phones and the fact that even though he is so far away he can tell Hailey and I he loves us and say prayer with us. I have never really realized what a blessing that really is. I'm glad we were able to get him up there, I just wish I could have come too. I will be so glad to have him back on Sunday. And Alex, I know you will read this, I love you!

4 comments:

Partyof9 said...

I am sorry to hear about the death of his grandma.
I know all to well the feeling of not having your husband home. Uncle Ben is gone week after week and it is very difficult.When I was pregnant with Logan, Uncle Ben had to travel to Europe. Pregnant with Emersn, he traveled to Korea.
You are very lucky to have your parents in the same house and the rest of the family and your friends close by. Believe me.

April and Jason said...

you are lucky to be with him all the time. Jason has to travel all the time for work, and so I know what it is like to be away for days, weeks, or even more at a time. Its not easy. Sorry about his grandma.

Carrie said...

Thanks for letting Alex come up here and be with us for the funeral. We're just sorry that you couldn't make it, too! We'll try to take good care of him tonight and send him back to you tomorrow! :)

Brett - Rachel B said...

It was good to see him. Hopefully we get to see you also next time! Good luck with baby #2!