Our tiny guy is here! He came Friday night at 8:44pm, weighed 8 lbs, and was 20 1/2" long. He's the cutest little boy!
A few people have asked, so here's the story. (don't worry, I won't get into too much detail) I was expecting to get induced at 36 weeks because I was measuring small so they thought I might have low amnio fluid. It was actually the reason they induced me with Hailey, so I figured it was a pretty sure thing. They checked me and decided that my fluid was fine, I'm just a tiny pregnant person. (although I always feel huge!) I was really disappointed because I was terrified of going into labor. At 36 weeks they did tell me that he was much lower than he should be and that he was already in position to go. I've since been having frequent check ups just to make sure my fluid stays high enough.
Last Tuesday I had an appointment and I was dilated to 4 cm and 80% effaced, my midwife sent me home and told me she fully expected to see me back that night.I started having contractions that night and just when I had decided it was was time to go in, they stopped. The same thing happened on Wednesday and Thursday. Needless to say, we were all getting impatient.
So when Friday morning rolled around I called my doctor. She wasn't in but one of the nurses told me that I should drink some raspberry herb tea and go for a walk. So I did. I started having contraction regularly but they were mild and far apart. The whole day was spent like that. Around 7:00pm they seemed to stop completely again. I wanted to cry. At 7:45 I decided to hope in the shower because I figured that was it for the night. As soon as I got in the shower, I knew we had to get going.
I hurried, Got out and yelled to everyone in the house that it was time to go. At 8:00 Alex, my mom, and I got in the car and headed for the hospital, while my dad waited for some friends to come pick up Hailey. I started having contractions about 2-3 mins apart, but they were still mild so I didn't think too much about it. To keep my mind off of it, I called some family and close friends to tell them we were heading to the hospital. I made my last phone call at 8:20 got out of the car and my mom and I went in while Alex parked the car. I was staring to feel a lot of pressure but the contractions were still mild. I checked in at 8:29PM and the nurses didn't seem to think I was serious because I walked in without any problems, but the pressure was getting bad.
Thank goodness my mom was there. She went out and told the nurse that they better come and check me. I was fully dilated. When the nurse said that the room became a mad house. Every nurse on duty was in there trying to get everything ready. It was too late for them to do much of anything though. So the doctor came in and I pushed through two contractions and at 8:44PM little Matthew was born.
With Hailey I had an epidural, I was oblivious to all the pain. This time, it was too late. I got to feel it all. I'm just grateful it went so quick. I don't think anyone can truly begin to understand the pain until they have been through it. He is prefect and adorable, it was all worth it.
We got home yesterday and we're both doing great. Alex is so happy and Hailey can't stop kissing little, "Mafew." I'm grateful he's here and grateful for my cute tiny family.
Autumn Love 2021
1 year ago
5 comments:
Congrats!! How scary with no epidural, but I'm glad it was at least fast! He is adorable! What a sweet new addition!
Um, holy cow. At least now you have a story you can tell his dates :-D
You can now say you OWN the pain. Nobody else can OWN the pain unless they've gone without an epidural. I don't think I ever want to own the pain. You can have it aaalll to yourself.
I hear that recovery is better if you didn't have an epidural. Is this true?
And he's such a cute little guy! I was hoping he'd have Alex's cheeks. Looks like he OWNS the cheeks.
awesome...i can only hope to go that fast with my next one! he's a cutie
Congrats!!! You have a cute little man! And you are such a strong woman! Goodness I cannot imagine going through mine without an epidural.
Post a Comment