BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Overload

One of my friends got married in Vegas a on the 12th, so we went up for the weekend. I wish I could tell you I got awesome pictures, but I left my camera battery at the hotel. So I will tell you what we did and show you a picture someone else took of one of the most fun things we did. We started at the MGM Grand and saw the lions. The kids loved the cubs. Then we went to M&M world and saw a 3D movie, which Matthew slept through.
The most fun thing we did was the Coke Store. It's right next to M&M World. They have this awesome thing called, "Taste of the World." You get two trays of 8 sodas (16 total) from all around the world. My parents ordered one of those and a tray of floats made with all different sodas. We then got to try them all. Some were awesome, some were so gross. It mostly made me realize why Italians add ice cream and flavored syrup to their soda. The one from Italy was called Beverly and it tasted like death. My dad is a real man though, after we all tasted it, he chugged the rest of it down. Then he died.
Tastes of the World
Matthew's favorite part was the fountains at the Bellagio. He clapped his hands, danced, and shouted in excitement the whole time. I think I enjoyed watching him, more than I enjoyed the fountains. We also went at saw the light show at Freemont Street, I would NOT recommend it. Freemont Street is trashier than the strip and the light show is like an acid trip. Or at least what I imagine an acid trip is like.
We also walk around the Venetian. I am in love. I love architecture and the Venetian is breath taking. I want to go to Europe SO bad!
My friends wedding was at a gorgeous venue. She looked so happy and her husband seems like an awesome guy. I'm really happy for her.
We also had a leprechaun visiting us all month. He would leave treats and do mischievous things. On Saint Patrick's Day he left us a yarn maze all through the house, with rainbow yarn leading to some goodies. Needless to say, Hailey loves him. So was quite sad to find the note he left us saying he's returned to Ireland (or as she calls it, "island,") until next year.
My kids are awesome. We've been having lots of fun and they are growing leaps and bounds, but I'll save that for another post.
The rainbow cake we made to try and catch the leprechaun. This is before baking. I forgot to take an after shot.

The moth we recently, "grew," from a caterpillar. Hailey says his name is the very hungry caterpillar.
The kids crashed after our first day of Vegas. They were both SO tired!
Us at the wedding.
This is the face Matthew gives all the ladies. I think Alex and I are in trouble! ;)
Hailey has some mad sorting skills.


My little perfectionist did this by herself. I only applied the glue.

0 comments: