Happens to be a major Iranian holiday. Which we got to celebrate this year. My sister-in-law is 1/2 Iranian, and her awesome family invited us to celebrate with them. I forgot the camera though, so there is no pictures. There was lots of awesome food! The food was so good. Luckily I have kids who will try anything once. They both loved the food too. We had fun relaxing and playing games with my in-law-in-laws. (Is that a real term?) They are great people and it is always fun to hang out with them.
I love having a diverse group of friends and family because I get to learn so much about other cultures and I really enjoy it.
Conference was this weekend. I love conference. The kids were much better than I expected. There was only one talk I felt like I entirely missed because of them. :) I plan on re-watching that talk in the next few days. Conference is always such a great reminder of all the great things I have in life and the things I need to work a bit harder on.
Hailey started a toddler cooking class today. It is supposed to be 2 hour long sessions. The picture in the city catalog has two toddlers mixing up cookies. Today was the first of the two. By cooking they meant giving the kids a plate full of apples, bananas, chocolate, and sprinkles and telling them to dip the apples and bananas in the chocolate and sprinkles. Amazing.
Luckily I didn't pay a lot for it. It took all of 15 mins and was pretty much like eating lunch at home except we have dulce de leche instead of chocolate. (I'm a bad mom, I know.)
After the 15 mins the teacher said, "Well, that's pretty much it. I'll see you all next week." I started thinking I should complain to the city about the dumb class. Then on the way home Hailey said, "Mommy, I love my cooking class. Thank you for taking me." Makes it all worth it.
Here are more pictures than should ever be taken in 15 mins.
Autumn Love 2021
1 year ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment