I meant to blog more last week, but two close family friends got married and our week was devoted to helping out with their weddings. The next part of our trip was the stomach flu part. Matthew got the stomach flu and decided to pass it around. It was LOADS of fun. Luckily it was a mild one, and we were still able to do all we had planned. These pictures go to Seattle but not through Seattle. This does go half way through our vacation. If you're sick of our vacation, you might want to skip this one. Especially since there is at least one more vacation post in the future.
| From this lighthouse, you can't see the beach. It's just beyond those threes. Lighthouses are another necessity in our family vacations. |
| We drove through Aberdeen. Which happens to be the birth place of Kurt Cobain. Not really my thing, but I was still excited because my cousin Sarah LOVES him. |
| This is the Star Wars shop in Aberdeen, probably the high light of the trip for Alex. |
| For all of my crazy friends who love twilight. |
| After a two vomit incidents, Matthew had to wear Hailey's extra shirt for a while. He looks so pretty in pink. |
| In Seattle we stared at the aquarium. |
| Hailey was much more squeamish about the touch tank than Matthew. |
| I love these kids! |
| I think it's funny that Matthew has the darkest brown eyes I've ever seen. |
| And Hailey has the lightest blue eyes. |
| This is the view from the Harbor Cruise we took. |
| Creepy Mermaid that was in this shop: |
| It's like Ripley's and a gift shop mashed together. |
| We may have wore them out our first day in Seattle. |
| They completely slept through Pike Place Market. |
| This is the bridge we took to Whidbey Island. It's a gorgeous place. My dad has a mission comp that lives there AND an old family friend lives there. |
| Walking over that bridge with the kids is the scariest thing ever. Although no cars are coming, that is a lane on the other side of the barrier. the bridge is hundreds of feet up. |
| The island is full of amazing signs. |
| And another lighthouse, to fill our quota. |
| I still can't figure out what this is supposed to mean. |
| This is the ferry we took back to Seattle. Hailey thought it was pretty cool to drive onto a boat. AND that takes us to the half way point. Sorry my friends. |
4 comments:
Looks WAY fun! Although I'd be like the kids and fall asleep after going around town all day. Oh, and a Muster Station is a gathering place. For example, when military personnel are called to muster, they hurry and go to their assigned location for inspection, etc...
Looks like you guys had lots of fun in Seattle. Glad my hometown could show you a good time.
looks like sooo much fun! such cute kids. How do your kids do on the long trips? Wesley goes crazy even on an hour trip, your kids must be really good. Thanks for all you did at the reception. It was nice to see you and your cute family! ps..that mermaid IS super creepy
AAAAAHHH!!! I'm so happy you told me about this!!! I will have to plan a Cobain Pilgrimage (yes, cheesy) before the exhibit ends.
I super heart this post! If it weren't for your awesome family and the fact that I love you all... this would be my favorite post ever ;) Even family beats out obsessions! xoxo
Post a Comment