BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 months and 2 1/2!

Yep, it's been 6 months since the tiny guy was born AND since Hailey turned two. I'm pretty sure it's been the fastest 6 months of my life. I've been working on pictures, but my children refuse to cooperate. I'll try again and hopefully have some pictures up soon.

Hailey is so smart, it amazes me. She read her first words two weeks ago. Yep, I said READ. A few months ago hooked on phonics was having a really great sale, so I bought the toddler kit and the k-2nd kit. When they came I pulled out the toddler kit, read the parent instructions, and to my surprise she was way past the toddler level. So I pulled out the Kindergarten one and we started it 4 weeks ago. She won't be reading War and Peace any time soon, but she is on her way. She is starting to get some simple math concepts down. She talks really well, sometimes I forget she is two. Her art skills are actually pretty advanced too. I'm a pretty proud mommy.

The potty training thing has been a nightmare. She was potty trained. About a month ago she woke up one morning and told daddy, " I don't want to be a big girl any more, I want to wear diapers and be a baby." It's been a rough month. We're not really sure what to do to get her motivated again.

She likes swimming, cooking, coloring, eating, cooking, singing, going on adventures, reading, watching musicals, traveling, nursery, dancing, jumping on the bed, and hanging out with Matthew.

She doesn't like naps, bed time, using the potty, or being dirty.

Matthew is always SO happy. He laughs and smiles all the time. He just started the army crawl yesterday and is already getting around like an old school pro. He can sit up as of last Saturday. He has four teeth. I wish my kids didn't get teeth so soon. He's a total mommy's boy and would spend every moment in my arms if he could. (big change from my little daddy's girl)

He likes to read, cuddle, be tickled, go places, eat his feet, stick his tongue out, smile, play with Hailey, listen to music, put things in his mouth, and be held by mommy.

He doesn't like to sleep (at all, good thing he's still a happy kid), let anyone besides mommy hold him, eat baby food, or sit still.

0 comments: