BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Papa's birthday extravaganza!

My dad just turned 51. He will probably deny it, but he milks his birthday for all it's worth. ("but it's my birthday month...") It makes life fun though because he always wants to do fun stuff. Friday we headed to the LA County Fair for food drive Friday. It was SO fun but I forgot the camera. Hailey loved it though. Matthew has decided he likes any place where there is random strangers to smile at, so he liked it too.
Saturday we headed out to LA for some more birthday fun. We started out at the Griffith Park Observatory. I haven't been since it reopened, and Alex had never been, so it was pretty cool. Hailey thought the planetarium show was a little scary but she enjoyed it too. While we were watching, "The Once and Future Griffith Park Observatory," in the Leonard Nimoy Advent Horizon Theater, we noticed that my cousin's husband was in the movie, AWEsome! We're related to someone who is in a movie with Leonard Nimoy. I don't think I could feel much cooler.
We also went and took a tour of the Hollyhock house. I know I've mentioned my obsession with Frank Lloyd Wright before, so it was seriously amazing. I can now cross visiting a FLW house off my bucket list. (although I would not mind visiting another)
I'll quit babbling and give you what you really want, here's some pictures.

My dad looks drunk, if I didn't know any better... ;)

Stemanda came too.

We got to see a demonstration of a Tesla coil. It would have been a good picture if there wasn't that stupid protective barrier between us and the electricity.

I love this kid.

It's a bad picture I know, but in all of the other ones the Hollywood sign was blurry.

Hailey refused to take pictures because she was eating. She's a very stubborn kid.

Hanging out with our buddy Einstein.


It's actually not the prettiest FLW home but it was gorgeous inside, I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside though.

One of Matthew's new talents. :)

1 comments:

Mike said...

I love it! I can't believe how grown up the kiddies are. I'll be down there next Tuesday. Sure would be nice to stop in for the evening. I'll give you guys a buzz and see what's up.